My friend Rick had been looking to get into motorcycles and had been looking for something with the beauty of a vintage bike, but the reliability of a modern one. I'd recommended he look into the Triumph Thruxton. He did, and subsequently bought one. After he had his for a few weeks and I got a chance to ride it and appreciate all that it could do, I got one, too.
I've done quite a few cosmetic mods to my bike, most of them coming from the New Thruxton store.
Cosmetic Modifications so far:
- Quinxy von Besiex's racing number: "09"
- Fender Elimination Kit (including new front and rear turn and tail lights)
- Dart Flyscreen
- White stripes (to cover the bike's gold stripes)
- HID headlight bulb
- Taillight flasher
- Turn signal canceling device
- Aluminum billet gas cap
- Oil temperature sensor
- Easy removal rear seat cover bolts
- Battery tender connector
- and more...
On my list of things to do next is replace the clutch springs with performance clutch springs, rejet the bike, and remove the airbox.