The Vegetarian Dining Club now was 505 members, so I decided to take a look at the membership roster and see just what stats I could extract from the membership data.
The distribution of event attendees...
- 348 members have never come to an event.
- 158 members have come to at least one event.
- 89 members have come to at least two events.
- 57 members have come to at least three events.
- 45 members have come to at least four events.
- 19 members have come to at least ten events.
- 10 members have come to at least fifteen events.
- I've gone to 63 events.
Sampled Member Specifics
Looking at a semi-random sample of member profiles, this is what I found...
- 64% vegetarian
- 27% vegan
- 2% omnivorous
- 7% unknown
Average length of vegetarianism/veganism: 7.5 years.
Sample sizes were small, so these sampled numbers are really rough estimates.
Top Ten Most Visited Venues
- Real Food Daily*
- The Veggie Grill
- Native Foods
- The Vegan Joint
- Vegan Glory
- California Vegan
* We don't go there any more, but it used to be a regular spot... (It's very popular, but I'm not personally a fan.)
And our top 10 attending members are:
- Mike K.
Donations & Costs
- Average monthly cost to run the group: $44/month (Meetup fees, party food/supplies, etc.).
- Average amount we're short on every dinner tab: -$2 ! (we're usually almost exactly right, and if it's off it's usually because people chipped in a little too much)
- Average donation: $1 / active member.
- Total expenses to date: $1195
- Total donations to date: $95
- Total advertising revenue to date: $150
We average 3.5 meetups per month!
Average dining event size is 7 people!
That's about all the meaningful data I could extract from the site...